downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

Selfocate
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I was messing around and accidentally changed my account to a business account. I want to change it back to personal and I already searched how to but they removed the option to contact them about that (?). I would like to know how can I contact PayPal support so they can change it back.

Login to Me Too

KingTom7
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t use PayPal it’s not safe
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Selfocate, 

You can contact us via Facebook or Twitter?  It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. Once we receive your contact we will be able to review your account and downgrade it for you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

celestial08
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I upgraded my paypal personal account to business and want to go back to personal type account, how can I do that?

Login to Me Too

HenryV
New Community Member

How can I change my account from a bussiness acount to a standard personal account?

Login to Me Too

bryanmiraye
New Community Member

I no longer operate the business that is on my Paypal account and I wish to change it to a personal account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bryanmiraye 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jjjacks
Contributor
Contributor
I want to return my account to a personal account not a Business account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jjjacks 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ethanshaw
Contributor
Contributor
How do I change my buissnes account to a personal account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.