downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230515C

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

neatoqueen
New Community Member

I didn't finish the setup before I realized I wasn't exactly qualified for a business account, but now it won't go away and I can't cancel in from my settings. Every time I try to view my balance, I get redirected to finish my business account set up! Mega inconvenient. 

Login to Me Too

strikerino
Contributor
Contributor

The paypal system seems to bet so that if you want an answer to a question you are sent around in circles and it gets so frustrating that you finally give up.

I searched for a simple solution and all I get is a list of questions that don't even get close to what I was looking for.

So, my question is "How do I change my account type?" please help me 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@strikerino

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hughiepuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi when I go to the email us box there is no tab which says down grade account ? So where do i go from here ?? Many Thanks

Login to Me Too

jacobflu
New Community Member

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacobflu

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

angelinblack33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.. i want to cahnge my account from Business to Personal.. How can i do it????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angelinblack33

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

arunava
Contributor
Contributor

Change my "paypal" account  type. my account type is "business" I want to change it (parsonal)

name arunava <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.