downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

Usalabs
Contributor
Contributor

You won't get any help from customer support, they don't care about the customers, as long as you obey their rules and regulations and keep making them a profit, they really don't give a damn.  I've asked the support team around 30 times to downgrade my account to personal, as I no longer have a business, but do they listen?  NO!

Login to Me Too

Katie123451
New Community Member

Hi guys. I need to change my account to personal and I tried everything and nothing is working. And when i wanted to contact paypal they asked me to fill in the form in which i had to specify my problem and there was no option to my problem. What can i do?

Login to Me Too

Jwilson84
Contributor
Contributor
I never wanted to have a business account how do I stop this cause now my debit card is cancelled and I needed that today
Login to Me Too

jackweaver22
New Community Member

Hey first time using paypal. Wondering if I can make my already business account a personal account. I have money coming into but I don't want everything that comes with the business side. If anyone knows please help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jackweaver22

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Julie-Marie
Contributor
Contributor

Nowhere on this website does PayPal give me an opportunity to switch to Personal from Business.  How to do this???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julie-Marie

Well a please would have been nice, but I will answer this last post before logging off.

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julie-Marie

And .............your welcome.

So hope you don't need help in the future.   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AmCarlisle
New Community Member

I created my account as a business account when I had a freelance photography business, but I no longer have the business. I do still use the account for every day things though, and apparently that has caused a problem and my account has been limited. I can not gain access, however, because I do not have invoice or anything relative because I no longer own the business. I am wondering If it is possible to switch the account to a personal account so I can access my money and still use the account? If not, can I still access my money if I delete the account and create a new one as a personal account?

Login to Me Too

shrouk4
New Community Member

how do I change my account from a business to personal? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.