downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

Luiss69
Contributor
Contributor
How can I reset my Business Account to a normal?
Login to Me Too

McCook
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I've just set up a business and changed my paypal account to a business account. I now can't seem to receive personal payments fee free (I assumed I would be able to operate both). I have now subsequently set up a separate business account but now can't work out how to revert my original account back to a personal account. I tried closing it (as I thought it might be easier to just re-open a new personal account), but as I have some standing orders set up, it's more complicated. Can I just revert the business account back to my old personal account status?! I've already incurred one fee on a payment and I'm expecting some more soon as I did the teacher gift collection! Thank you!

Login to Me Too

glendakw
New Community Member

My account type is showing BUSINESS. I do not have a business.  How can I change this?

Login to Me Too

Ellblak
Contributor
Contributor
How can you switch account back to a regular PayPal?
Login to Me Too

jarzhintar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've made a buisness account, but it's not complete. I realized I don't need a buisness account for using paypal the way I am, and I'd like to get rid of my account/make it personal. How do I do so?

Login to Me Too

Relizabeth
Contributor
Contributor
How do I change my account back to just a regular PayPal individual account from a business account??
Login to Me Too

Tai2
Contributor
Contributor

How do i swith my paypal business account to a personal account

Login to Me Too

Temp20230515B
Contributor
Contributor
I have a business account and don’t actually have a business and should have a personal account how do I change it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230515B

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2. Click Help & Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
4. Click Email us.
5. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
6. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nguni
New Community Member

Hi

I opened my account under my sole proprietor name, and because I can't provide  company registration docs, paypal have restricted my account. I have tried repeatedly to explain that in South Africa a sole proprietor doesn't need/or get such documents. I have even sent links to SARS AND CIPIC web where government explains this. But I get the same response over and over - I guess it must be automated.

So now I'm trying to downgrade ... but the first step of the instructions to do so are incorrect:  Click Contact Us at the bottom of any page.

BUT these is no "Contact Us" at the bottom of ANY page?

Help anyone???? I need to get Paypal to release much needed income.

Tx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.