New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Join the live Q&A with our Community moderator team Wednesdays, 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET) and Fridays, 4-5pm GMT. Learn more in Community Events
I want to change my account type from being a business account to a personal account but I can't seem to change it. Please help me.
You can downgrade from a business account back to a personal but unfortunately Paypal do not supply an automatic option.
You have to phone customer services and listen to their 'lovely' music for a while and then when you get through they will downgrade it for you.
Hi. I've just set up a business and changed my paypal account to a business account. I now can't seem to receive personal payments fee free (I assumed I would be able to operate both). I have now subsequently set up a separate business account but now can't work out how to revert my original account back to a personal account. I tried closing it (as I thought it might be easier to just re-open a new personal account), but as I have some standing orders set up, it's more complicated. Can I just revert the business account back to my old personal account status?! I've already incurred one fee on a payment and I'm expecting some more soon as I did the teacher gift collection! Thank you!
1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2. Click Help & Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
4. Click Email us.
5. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
6. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
Hi there. I have the same problem, but when I follow these instructions, the option to downgrade my account doesn't appear Here is the list I see:
Are you able to help? Many thanks