cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgradde from business account to personal ?

SOLVED
New Community Member

How can I change my account type from business to a personal account?

I want to change my account type from being a business account to a personal account but I can't seem to change it. Please help me.

Highlighted

please downgrade my business account

PayPal please downgrade my account cause I am stuck in the process of upgrading and I can't do anything please help me. Thanks boss

Volunteer Advisor

Re: please downgrade my business account

@RaDzIuv2

You can downgrade from a business account back to a personal but unfortunately Paypal do not supply an automatic option. Smiley Frustrated
You have to phone customer services and listen to their 'lovely' music for a while and then when you get through they will downgrade it for you.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
New Community Member

How can I reset my Business Account to a normal?

How can I reset my Business Account to a normal?

Revert a business account to a personal account

Hi. I've just set up a business and changed my paypal account to a business account. I now can't seem to receive personal payments fee free (I assumed I would be able to operate both). I have now subsequently set up a separate business account but now can't work out how to revert my original account back to a personal account. I tried closing it (as I thought it might be easier to just re-open a new personal account), but as I have some standing orders set up, it's more complicated. Can I just revert the business account back to my old personal account status?! I've already incurred one fee on a payment and I'm expecting some more soon as I did the teacher gift collection! Thank you!

New Community Member

Change from business account to personal account

How do I change from a business account to a personal account?

Volunteer Advisor

Re: Change from business account to personal account

@twmjwaters

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.

2. Click Help & Contact near the bottom of any page.

3. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Email us.

5. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.

6. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
New Community Member

Re: Change from business account to personal account

It doesnt come up my account.

New Community Member

Wrong Account Type

My account type is showing BUSINESS. I do not have a business.  How can I change this?