downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

mohamedzellagui
New Community Member

hi i did open business account by accident and I want to have personal  Account  one so I need your help to swap please  and i need to transfer some of money to my account and I could not  can you help in this  please .

Login to Me Too

dahg23
Contributor
Contributor

Can I change my account from a business account to a premier account, i'm not using paypal for a business anymore and would like to make it less complicated.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dahg23

Premier accounts no longer exist, they merged with personal accounts a while back.

Paypal only offer 2 accounts now.

1. Personal.

2. Business.

You can sell on a personal account, you only need a business account if you are a registered business or high volume seller.

You can downgrade from a business account back to a personal but unfortunately Paypal do not supply an automatic option. Smiley Frustrated
You have to phone customer services and listen to their 'lovely' music for a while and then when you get through they will downgrade it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dannyboy540
Contributor
Contributor

Changing the name from business to friends and family

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannyboy540

You can downgrade from a business to a personal account but thats not a friends / family account as you can still receive and send payments for goods on a personal account.
Unfortunately Paypal do not supply an automatic option. Smiley Frustrated
You have to phone customer services and listen to their 'lovely' music for a while and then when you get through they will downgrade it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

henlowe
Contributor
Contributor

i want to change my acc from business to personal? - help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@henlowe

You can downgrade from a business account back to a personal but unfortunately Paypal do not supply an automatic option. Smiley Frustrated

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

roxyhobby
New Community Member

Hi, how can I change my account details from business to personal? I haven't had an online business for a very long time and would like to change it back.  Thank you 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roxyhobby

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MikeyBrennan555
Contributor
Contributor

I need help!!! I accidentally created a business account and I try to create a personnel account but it won’t work and then I tried deleting my business account but it would not access ‘my settings’

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.