country change

anibamed
New Community Member

Hey guys,

I'wondering if there is any way I can change the country on PayPal as well as the phone number country code as I wasn't able to find a way to solve this out.

wanted to do this because I moved to another country already and I need to link my new phone number to this account

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anibamed 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anibamed 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

user1871
New Community Member

I wish that was an actual solution. Whether I live in one country or another I am still the same person and most of my personal details are still the same e.g. main email address or bank accounts. I just moved but I am naturally still using my originating country bank cards (I have a lot of products at that bank doesn't make sense to close everything), yet I am caught in a chain where I can't change my apple store country until I change my paypal country that is not allowed for some non relevant reason.

I wish these american companies were less customer hostile. It's not like I moved from Colombia to West sahara, just took a job in another EU country which is entirely normal. I wonder if these companies force people to delete and recreate their entire identities if moving from Atlanta to Miami?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@user1871 

Your personal details may be the same in another country BUT every country has different services that can be offered by paypal and that is why it is country specific.

Paypal is not a bank so it has to abide by what the banks / governments of each country allow it to provide in that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chericaptain
New Community Member
I live between Australia and the US and I can’t seem to add my US back card to my account because of the billing address and in the billing address it only gives me Australian states as options 🤷🏽‍♀️
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chericaptain 

You can't add a U.S card to other countries paypal accounts, only a U.S bank account (not debit card).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Poompat
New Community Member

How I can do if my money still in the account? I couldn't use the USA phone number anymore to confirm identity.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poompat 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.