confusion

rachibabi2704
New Community Member

hi 

wondering if anyone can help me,

i got married in july last year and with doing so changed my email address and thus so updated my paypal email to my new marital email.

i sold two items on ebay this weekend and both are stating that they are still unpaid but after i had sold them i received an email to my OLD email address stating that i had received funds and that i needed to follow a link to open a business account?

I thought this was just two very good phishing emails but due to a house move it has come to light I have accidentally put one of the items in a charity bag and had to cancel the sale. they have been understanding but stated they need a refund but obviously its not in my paypal or is it?! 

i cannot sign into the old email as it has been deleted from my paypal so i cannot withdraw funds from there?

the only thing i can think is my ebay isnt up to date but cant see how it cant be as it just logs into my paypal account and I have bought lots of things on my new paypal since the change.

Hope this makes sense and someone has a clue.

Rachel

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rachibabi2704 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rachibabi2704 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.