confirm phone number

RW29
Contributor
Contributor

my phlione sim has shut off global roaming.  i am visiting australia.  can i give a skype contact?

paypal keeps asking me to confirm my identity.  i have done it several times now.  its my address in NZ.  confirmed with my drivers license and also my paper bank statement.  It still persists in asking to confirm my identity.  I have had this account for          10 plus years and never had this problem.  any suggestions will be welcome thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RW29 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

If you try to use it in another country then paypal would need to confirm its you and your account has not been hacked and used internationally.

To do that they send a text to your paypal registered phone linked to your NZ account, if you don't have it then unlikely you can use your account until you return home.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RW29
Contributor
Contributor

we australians have special status.  we can live and work in both new zealand and australia.  I spend several months in both countries and have bank accounts in both countries and of course SIMs phone cards in both countries.  normally there is no problem but since the lockdown from march 2020 I have not been able to return to NZ and consequently my SIM in NZ is blocked and global roaming is shut off.  So until I get back to NZ...who knows when....will I be able to activate the SIM attached to my NZ bank.  

so complicated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.