closing Paypal account

ayon707
Contributor
Contributor

My account was hacked last week, but it's been resolved, however I'm not comfortable and want to open a new account (Bank's advice)

So I am trying to close my Paypal account, my balance is 0 and nothing is showing as pending, but I can't close because it says 'Before you close your account There's a pending transaction that needs to be completed first' - but there's nothing listed as pending!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ayon707 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Also when you pay a seller its never instant, paypal credit them upfront and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source ie bank account. Funds may leave your account from a few hours up to a few days but it takes 5-7 days for them to go via ACH in batches to paypal so could you have a transaction still processing?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ayon707
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  Kernowlass (Cornwall?) 

I've cancelled all the pre-payments and subscriptions. but I think you're probably right, there's a couple transactions on my account from yesterday (refunding the 'stolen' money) so I expect that's it. I'll wait to the middle of next week to check again.

Ayon

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.