changing bank accounts while a deposit is pending

TYMARIO101
Contributor
Contributor

I SOLD A ITEM ON EBAY AND THE FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE HOWEVER, THE BANK ACCOUNT IS CLOSED AND I NEED TO CHANGE MY BANK BUT IT WON'T PROCESS. CAN ANYONE HELP

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TYMARIO101 

Bank will bounce it back (or call your bank about their policy in such situations) which could take up to 10 days for the bank to notify PayPal of the problem and funds to reappear. Initiated transfer requests can't be canceled or changed from our end. In normal circumstances one could call customer service to see if they can still catch it and cancel the transfer while still in pending status but with the virus and phone lines closed, responses will take longer and may not be able to be stopped in time.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TYMARIO101 

Bank will bounce it back (or call your bank about their policy in such situations) which could take up to 10 days for the bank to notify PayPal of the problem and funds to reappear. Initiated transfer requests can't be canceled or changed from our end. In normal circumstances one could call customer service to see if they can still catch it and cancel the transfer while still in pending status but with the virus and phone lines closed, responses will take longer and may not be able to be stopped in time.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.