#changemycountry#changemynationality

Shiro25
Contributor
Contributor
I was in Dubai when I made my PayPal account. So I gave in my UAE National ID and my UAE phone number for details ,but my actual nationality is Sri Lankan and I need to change my address and phone number to my Sri Lankan ones because right now, I am in Sri Lanka and I’m not thinking of going to Dubai again . How am I supposed to change my details ? Please, help me!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shiro25 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved......so you may have to contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shiro25 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved......so you may have to contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shiro25
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your help. Could you also tell me how to withdraw my fund using a local bank? Because I tried to do it and then they ask me to confirm my UAE number,but I cannot do it because I am in Sri Lanka right now . *sigh*
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shiro25 

The option to 'receive' or 'withdraw' paypal payments is sadly not available in Sri Lanka.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Apart from that you can't add a bank or card from Sri Lanka to an UAE account.

As i said you would need to contact customer services and see if they can help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.