‘can’t confirm it’s you’

chloe792
Contributor
Contributor

i am using a friends account to write this. but i go to log in, and seem to of forgotten my password, so i go on forgot my password to reset it, and instead of giving me any options it just says ‘we can’t confirm it’s you’ nothing else, meaning i can’t access my account nor can i change my password, i just want paypal to email me with the option to reset it. i need to get into it asap

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chloe792 

Sounds as if you haven't got a linked phone added to your paypal account so paypal can't verify its you with a text.

You would have to phone customer services and see if they will verify you via your security questions and then add a phone.

As you haven't said what country you are in then can't give you anymore contact info than click on help/contact bottom of paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chloe792
Contributor
Contributor
i’m in the uk, and i called them up, and they asked for my current address, which they said doesn’t match the one on the account, so i ran through my recent ones (5 in the last 6 months) and still didn’t match. i presume through making the account i mistyped it. to which i said are you not able to just ask me the security questions as i’d be able to answer them or just email me as i of course have access to my own email. but they weren’t able to help. they said the only thing i can do is make a new paypal account and prove my identity to transfer the money over. however the paypal account in question isn’t under my legal name, it’s under my nickname as i it’s what i am known as. so i can’t prove that it’s me. but is there no way i can just be emailed with the option to answer security questions and/or reset my password through my email. i don’t think i have a phone linked to it as it’s a relatively new account. thank you for your reply
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chloe792 

Sadly not and if you opened your account with a nickname then you would never be able to provide documents to prove your i.d as the name on the documents have to match the name on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.