cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

The "solution" (to mark it solved so it will float up to top?) has still not been resolved.

It is hard to believe that such a simple but important option is not possible for a streamlined check-out experience.

How bad can customer service be?
Do they make so much money of the fees that they simply don't care?

Contributor

I would very much appreciate this feature being added. I've been a PayPal user for many years, but this is the first time coming to the "community" section - and I came here for this very reason. I have 4 credit cards that I juggle for various different types of payments like others do I'm sure. The 4 digits after the credit card number still manage to cause me to momentarily panic as I try to recall which one is for what type of expense. I can't tell you how many times I've had to go to my wallet to look at the actual credit card to get the "visual" of credit card, and then I'm good to continue with finalizing my transaction.

Simply adding an option to name our cards/accounts would be a small, but extremely helpful feature.

Hopefully this will be considered soon. Smiley Wink

Not sure how, after all of the years this is outstanding, that it is just being 'monitored'. It is obviously more than just a 'proposed feature'. It is massive shortcoming which is simply incomprehensible. As other web developers have noted, this would be trivial to implement. So, can someone respond as to the REAL reason it is obviously being buried, when a competent developer could have this FIXED before lunch tomorrow?

New Community Member

It's been 3 years now and no solution? It's a simple 'add a nickname to the card', not rocket science!

Even small startups can do that.

Can you at least tell us IF this is on your roadmap and, if so, when's the ETA?

Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for taking this on board.

Is there any ETA on when this feature could be implemented? It would be a great asset to speeding up online checkouts without having to pullout my physical cards to check each time. This usually makes me avoid a PayPal transaction and just do it direct in some cases.

Contributor

WE NEED NICKNAMING NOW!!!! WHY WHY WHY is this not offered?  what is your agenda Paypal????  hundreds on here have asked for this simple feature to make the use of paypal better....WAKE THE **bleep** UP ALREADY........

Tags (1)
Contributor

It's the first time I see an issue marked as solved, but it's not done!!!!!

Contributor

It's been 5 years (and a week) since this thread was originally started, and over a year since the 'solution' reply was posted noting that PayPal was at least aware that numerous people would like the feature to be added (although conspicuously not promising anything).  Any updates?  Maybe something a little more concrete than 'we read your comments' and more along the lines of 'this feature is on our roadmap for Q3 this year'?  🙂

From an outside perspective, this seems like fairly simple/basic functionality - the sort of thing that could be designed, implemented, and tested in a few days or weeks, rather than taking several months (or several years!) and still not getting anywhere...

Contributor

Well, here it is 2019.  Why don’t   software folks just tell the truth.  Really, do you think we are stupid. 

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

I can guarantee this is still being monitored

How many more years do you plan to monitor this before actually doing something about it?