assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

Cparsonscan
Contributor
Contributor
We are now in December of 2019 with people still asking for this feature. Maybe 2020 will be the magic year.
Login to Me Too

mark1914

I just thought, I'm "clever in a little different way..."
couldn't give individual names for my cards

finally I went to that (useful) forum

... and realize, we have common problem for years!!!

shame!

Login to Me Too

cbot
Contributor
Contributor

I would also appreciate custom names to cards instead of the default 'Visa x-XXXX'.

I have two VISA cards on my account and I've accidently used the "wrong" one many times...

Login to Me Too

Jlgdeveloper
New Community Member

I have 7-10 accounts here for various businesses.

I cannot know which 4 digits belong to which entity/account/card by mempry. HELP.

You must provide a way for me to NAME each of my payment methods.

I now have to have three accounts with you to not have to guess which four digits pertain to which bank account/card/entity etc.

I'd rather have one account with 10 payment methods......

Login to Me Too

crowhillgal
Contributor
Contributor

It would absolutely would be so very helpful for those of us who have multiple cards/bank accounts.  As Paypal users, we are paying to use the website and it would seem like an obvious feature with PP since it's entire premise is about moving money.  Having the option to assign a nickname to the cards and accounts in our wallet would be super helpful.  Please make that available.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

DJacques
Contributor
Contributor

We need this urgently, it seems simple to implement

Login to Me Too

TimM116
Contributor
Contributor
Someone put this on Facebook and get some real support for it! (I would but don't have facebook) Come on PayPal, how hard can it be?
Login to Me Too

newpawta
Contributor
Contributor

Adding my name to the pile. There is no good reason that such a large entity as PayPal cannot solve this issue and/or offer this feature. I just paid 2.9% to have money deposited in my PP account. I just updated my wallet and accidentally deleted a card I wanted there because I did not recognize the number, thinking it was an older one.  In 2018, with the abundance of cards everybody has, there should be an easy way to nickname them - I'm sure PP has access to the tech! I will submit a request to support.

Login to Me Too

-SG-
Contributor
Contributor
You know what?! None of us have said any bad words here, but you really deserve it. So, **bleep** you all for dragging this issue for so long.
Login to Me Too

TimM116
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any time line for this improvement, I first asked about it 4 or 5 years ago and was told it was a good idea but still nothing has been done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.