assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

Edit 5/28/2020: Great news! This feature is currently being rolled out to everyone in stages, and should be available as a feature on all accounts soon. We appreciate your continued updates and requests regarding this! Hopefully the option should already be in your accounts, or appearing soon. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately there's no features or options available to support what you have in mind.

Login to Me Too

Ohiomyk
New Community Member

I'd love to have this feature.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If enough people request it, it could happen:

One method for submitting suggestions or changes is to use the Site Feedback link from within your PayPay Account. The link is on every page. There's a survey question to answer and text box below. Use the text box to submit your suggestion or change. Seems they do have folks that look at the submissions.

Login to Me Too

spunkycowgirl
Contributor
Contributor

There used to be an option to name the accounts....where did it go?  My accounts have...or I should say HAD nicknames but my purse was stolen and I had to close my bank accounts and open new ones and now when I add them back into my paypal they only give the bank name and there is no longer an option to give them a nickname.  Mine used to say (joint) & (personal)...now they both say the exact same thing...leaves a lot of opportunity for error when I pick one of the accounts...especially since the numbers changed so those aren't even recognizable to me anymore.

Login to Me Too

wuttupdog
New Community Member

This used to be an option, but for recently added accounts I don't see it. Why did PayPal take away the ability to add nicknames? Now I have to leave PayPal, log into my bank website, look up the account number using my nicknames there, and then return to PayPal to complete the transaction. That's just stupid to remove an obvious feature like that.

Login to Me Too

trish-sassy
New Community Member

jtrohm
New Community Member

Is there a way to add a friendly name to my credit cards and bank accounts and have that displayed instead of the last four digits of the account? I use the same paypal account for both personal and business use and it would be easier to keep the two seperate without digging out the cards to check the numbers.

Login to Me Too

ladygod1va

Any answers to this?  I have the same issue - use a 3 personal, 1 business, and a family credit card for puchases, so is there a way to "name" them so I don't have to look up the last 4 digits of each card to know which is which?  THANK YOU!

@jtrohm wrote:

Is there a way to add a friendly name to my credit cards and bank accounts and have that displayed instead of the last four digits of the account? I use the same paypal account for both personal and business use and it would be easier to keep the two seperate without digging out the cards to check the numbers.

Login to Me Too

ghewlett
Contributor
Contributor

I have raised this directly with PayPal but received absolutely no response so far. I think it should be a fairly easy thing for them to implement but it would make our lives so much easier when we have multiple debit & credit cards linked to PayPal.

Not only do I use PayPal for private and business purchases, I also have sole & joint accounts/cards I want to use and it gets so irritating to have to dig out the card each time to see what the last 4 numbers are.

PayPal...are you listening? Please fix this or tell us how we can do it if the functionality is already available. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.