assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

mattstralia
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for taking this on board.

Is there any ETA on when this feature could be implemented? It would be a great asset to speeding up online checkouts without having to pullout my physical cards to check each time. This usually makes me avoid a PayPal transaction and just do it direct in some cases.

Login to Me Too

mjdebellis1
Contributor
Contributor

WE NEED NICKNAMING NOW!!!! WHY WHY WHY is this not offered?  what is your agenda Paypal????  hundreds on here have asked for this simple feature to make the use of paypal better....WAKE THE **bleep** UP ALREADY........

Login to Me Too

alino1967
Contributor
Contributor

It's the first time I see an issue marked as solved, but it's not done!!!!!

Login to Me Too

dennymeta
Contributor
Contributor

It's been 5 years (and a week) since this thread was originally started, and over a year since the 'solution' reply was posted noting that PayPal was at least aware that numerous people would like the feature to be added (although conspicuously not promising anything).  Any updates?  Maybe something a little more concrete than 'we read your comments' and more along the lines of 'this feature is on our roadmap for Q3 this year'?  🙂

From an outside perspective, this seems like fairly simple/basic functionality - the sort of thing that could be designed, implemented, and tested in a few days or weeks, rather than taking several months (or several years!) and still not getting anywhere...

Login to Me Too

Drduck
Contributor
Contributor

Well, here it is 2019.  Why don’t   software folks just tell the truth.  Really, do you think we are stupid. 

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

BradC-0
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

I can guarantee this is still being monitored

How many more years do you plan to monitor this before actually doing something about it?

Login to Me Too

andrewsipe
Contributor
Contributor

Nearly 4 years later... Still not implemented. 😞

Login to Me Too

mattstralia
Contributor
Contributor

How about another update moderators? It is now August 2019...

Login to Me Too

fdelgado

This should be a top priority for PayPal as it s a basic feature that really improves customer experience.

Login to Me Too

Rassilon
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM That was in no way a solution; it's just a poor excuse from a lazy programmer. Adding nicknames to accounts is trivially simple to code, and NECESSARY as some of us (i.e., me) have the misfortune to have multiple checking accounts with the same bank AND the same last four digits. I have no way to distinguish my Citizens Bank business account from my personal account with your system. So please, stop making excuses and fix this!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.