assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

-SG-
Contributor
Contributor

I have to say, **bleep** you PayPal employees. 4 years and not solved. **bleep** idiot lady who marked it as solved.

Login to Me Too

stephanph
New Community Member

Hi,

Anyone know how to give your mastercards a name?

I have some credit cards and it is easier to remember a name than the last digits.

Thx

Stephan

Login to Me Too

gizerd
Contributor
Contributor

I have multiple accounts linked to PayPal. Some of them are from the same bank.

When there are two accounts from the same bank, the only way to distinguish amongst them is to remember the last four digits of the account number.

While I could memorize or write this information down somewhere--I'm admitting to being lazy.

I'd rather rename the banks so that I can add a nickname to them and easily find the one I'm looking for with each different payment.

I cannot see any way within the wallet to edit the name on the banks.

Are you able to edit the name itself? Not the information or delete/rename/reverify, just simply add the word "Personal" and "Business" to the front or back of the name?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That feature is not available.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LibbySH77
New Community Member

I see where this has been asked multiple times over (at least) the last THREE YEARS. It seems like such a simple suggestion/request; which would benefit the masses, and is seemingly harmless. Why have they not added this feature? Are they listening?

Login to Me Too

krcarlson8542

This actually WAS possible, as I had multiple joint and personal accounts linked, and had them named to make them easily distinguishable. But apparently this feature was removed. I'd like to know WHY. Does PP feel this this is more secure? How?
It's a PIA to log in to the bank website or check my wallet each time I need to determine which account is which. And these days, credit cards get changed on a regular basis, so it's tough to remember which 4 digits mean which of our 3 debit cards. 
Not cool, Paypal.

Login to Me Too

agr00m

Yes, this definitely was a feature when I first setup my PayPal account. In fact, one of my original payment accounts was still active until recently and retained the nickname I assigned it. Now that feature is no longer available to the new accounts I setup. I hate to sound like a broken record in this thread, but PP desperately needs to add the feature back. 

Login to Me Too

drmarkellis
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to suggest that Paypal allow users to customize names on credit cards, so I can better identify which VISA/MC card I want to use for a purchase.

Login to Me Too

MrHibbit
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my goodness.. i was going mad.. i thought that this feature was so basic that i just couldnt find it.
This is ridiculous. Oldest post ive found relating to this request goes back to 2010.. it's now nearly 2019. What's the deal paypal? Are you even listening to your customers?
As a systems programmer, this is really not a hard thing to add! Get your **bleep** together paypal.

Login to Me Too

TimM116
Contributor
Contributor
About time you listened to the customer!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.