assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

rkc444
New Community Member

My wife and I have a couple of accounts at the same bank, and both are tied to the PayPal account. They both appear with the same name, with the last 4 digits of the respective account numbers. It would be much easier for me to decide which account to transfer to if I could label them as we refer to them. I keep forgetting which last 4 digits belongs to which account. Is this possible?

I found things online which say how to do it, but they talk about clicking "Profile" at the top of the page. But I do not see "Profile" when I log in. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kwarseck
New Community Member

I have several visas that I use for different purposes.  Paypal only lists thte last 4 numbers which means each time i have to dig out the card ot be sure I am using the right one.  Is there any way of assigning a nickname to the card rather than just VISA ****1234?  I'd rather call it Amazon or Personal or Only use for Buying Soap or some other ridiculous name so that i can remember which card it is.  If not, Paypal should consider offering this option the way my bank does.l

Login to Me Too

TimM116
Contributor
Contributor

COME ON PAYPAL, GET THIS SORTED. 

A LOT OF US ARE FED UP WITH WHAT IS A SIMPLE FIX!

Login to Me Too

nmas1
New Community Member

Hi there ...

• I have just added a second card to my Paypal account - so now my Paypal account has 2 cards associated with it.
  • Incidentally, the last 4 digits / numbers of both cards are the same! When shopping I am finding it impossible to tell which card is which (in the option to choose the card to affect a payment with, they both show up with the same last 4 numbers: e.g. XXXX 1234.  [Their expiry dates are different - but this information does not show when it comes to choosing the card to affect a payment with).
  • Is there a way by which I can identify or distinguish among the two cards - to know which card is which at the check-out shopping stage (in order to decide which card to pay with)?
  • Perhaps, from the Paypal settings page, can one give a 'name' to the cards, to be able to distinguish among them? ... or maybe have the cards' expiry dates also always show up when presented with the card selection stage during check-out - in order to tell the difference?

I thank you for your help!

Best wishes

Login to Me Too

Shalak

The oldest request for this feature is from 2011: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Bank-accounts-and-credit-cards/custom-or-quot-friendly-names-quo...

C'mon PayPal, you really should implement this.

Login to Me Too

chinchilla

+1 for this.  I just charged something to my personal card instead of my work one because I don't have the card numbers memorised.  And why should I have them memorised?  Surely the whole point of PayPal is that you don't need to have the card with you?  Isn't it?  Or am I missing something?

I really hate it when something as obvious as this isn't implemented by a big corporate.  And they offer no explanation as to why not, just feed us their PR **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Josefism
New Community Member

Five months since the "solution" was posted, which states that voices are being heard regarding this feature. Still not a feature.

#sorrynotsorry

Please, PayPal, consider adding this feature. As a web developer, I can't see where the difficulty lies in adding a text field to a record.

Login to Me Too

ZP1

This seems like such a basic feature that I thought it was me who couldn't find it.

Why is this thread set to "solved" if there is no solution?

Login to Me Too

SeattleWolf
Contributor
Contributor

I REALLY need to label the business and personal cards I use on my account. Billing errors are very costly.
Help label the cards available?

Login to Me Too

JMcCoy
Contributor
Contributor

Please unmark as "solved" - it is clearly not solved and the acknowledgement was back in March and we still do not have this option. If the banks can do this why can't PayPal? I have many accounts entitled ANZ, Mastercard, Visa so I still have to get my cards out each time to check which is which, defeats the purpose.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.