cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Feature request: Payment card nicknames/aliases...

When selecting a card for payment, I have multiple cards registered. All that is shown are the last four digits of the card. Now, this may pose a problem if you are unfortunate enough to have more than one card that shares the same last four digits. It will mosre commonly be a pain, when you may not remember which are the last four digits of the card you want to pay with.

Solution: Allow us to name our cards, with something more meaningful. Such as "SunCorp Card" or "My Spanish Card" or "Sugar Daddy". I think you get the idea...

Highlighted
Contributor

Is there a way to assign a name instead of a number to payment methods

I don't see a way to do this, so wondering if the moderators can take this above to the coders but we use multiple cards to pay for purchases (business / personal) but we have to look at our wallet all the time to remember what card is what.  Can you add a nickname or something like that field so we can easily define which card?  

Highlighted
New Community Member

Nickname/Rename Cards In Wallet

I have too many cards to keep track of all tge last 4 digits of them to know which one I'm picking without getting my actual wallet out . WHY cant I rename my cards in my wallet ?
Tags (2)
Highlighted

Re: Nickname/Rename Cards In Wallet

+1 for this feature request

Highlighted
New Community Member

Debit and Credit Card Nick Names

Is there a way to "nickname" my debit and credit cards?  It's very confusing to have Visa and Mastercard as the only clue to which card is which account.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Adding a "nickname" to the cards

Is there a way to add a nickname on the cards, such as "personal", "business" etc so that you can easily see which card you want to use for a transaction?  For tax purposes I need to keep my personal and business transactions and easy to recognize.  

Tags (1)

Re: assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Community Member

This is a basic feature that should be simple to implement!

Highlighted
Contributor

And it takes them 4 years to acknowledge this basic feature!
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Ashley_Moderator

LOL!!!!!  Archives have this feature requested from 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense, but We will believe it when we see it.