cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

SOLVED

Re: Nickname/Rename Cards In Wallet

+1 for this feature request

New Community Member

Debit and Credit Card Nick Names

Is there a way to "nickname" my debit and credit cards?  It's very confusing to have Visa and Mastercard as the only clue to which card is which account.

New Community Member

Adding a "nickname" to the cards

Is there a way to add a nickname on the cards, such as "personal", "business" etc so that you can easily see which card you want to use for a transaction?  For tax purposes I need to keep my personal and business transactions and easy to recognize.  

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions regarding this feature. I definitely understand everyone's request to have this implemented! Although this isn't something PayPal has currently, we're always looking for ways to improve each user's experience. Your voices regarding the need for this feature is definitely being heard! We'll update you here if this is added at a later time. 🙂

Edit 11/15: Just for clarification, I understand that this feature hasn't been created, therefore this topic isn't technically "resolved." We mark responses as a solution to ensure they float to the top of the thread and that anyone who accesses the thread can view the message. I apologize for any confusion regarding this, and I can guarantee this is still being monitored and requested per your continued interests in this feature. Thanks for your patience!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Tags (1)
New Community Member

This is a basic feature that should be simple to implement!

Contributor

And it takes them 4 years to acknowledge this basic feature!
Contributor

Hi Ashley_Moderator

LOL!!!!!  Archives have this feature requested from 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense, but We will believe it when we see it.

Contributor

I would also appreciate custom names to cards instead of the default 'Visa x-XXXX'.

I have two VISA cards on my account and I've accidently used the "wrong" one many times...

New Community Member

I have 7-10 accounts here for various businesses.

I cannot know which 4 digits belong to which entity/account/card by mempry. HELP.

You must provide a way for me to NAME each of my payment methods.

I now have to have three accounts with you to not have to guess which four digits pertain to which bank account/card/entity etc.

I'd rather have one account with 10 payment methods......

Contributor

It would absolutely would be so very helpful for those of us who have multiple cards/bank accounts.  As Paypal users, we are paying to use the website and it would seem like an obvious feature with PP since it's entire premise is about moving money.  Having the option to assign a nickname to the cards and accounts in our wallet would be super helpful.  Please make that available.  Thank you.