assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

ljburton
Contributor
Contributor

No nicknames has COST ME MONEY

I've been a customer since 2000 and remember when there used to be a nickname field - for the love of all things holy, please bring this back. 

Within the last year, I've linked two accounts and two cards - all from one bank, which makes them impossible to tell apart.

I've paid with the wrong account at least 3 or 4 times and one of those led to an overdraft fee from my bank.

Login to Me Too

TRIpod
New Community Member

when checking to pay, wouldn't it be helpful to put a note next to cards number so that you could identify the card you would want... instead of having to pull out all the cards to see the numbers and names.   example: .... 2134    att visa

......5678    sears master card

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you mean like a nickname,?

Login to Me Too

thewombo
New Community Member

I have several bank accounts and I would like to give them names, because I don't have the account numbers memorized.

j

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nope, no such feature at the moment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rose2zz
Contributor
Contributor

I propose to let us identify our cards and bank accounts with nicknames.. sometimes we don't recognize our last 4 digits of any of the different cards o bank accounts and we can pay with the wrong one and that can definitely happen..

Please.. is a good idea Woman Very Happy

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It will probably happen when your local bank allows you to open an acount with a nickname.  Like never.

Login to Me Too

dino64
New Community Member

I have several bank accounts that I transfer money to and would like to add a nickname to each account to make it more recognizable.  I have opened accounts with Suntrust with my real name and they allow you to add a nickname on their online banking site, so it does exist.  Is it possible to do the same on PayPal?  I don't always recognize the last 4 digits of all my accounts.

Thanks,

dino64

Login to Me Too

bboreing
New Community Member

Agree 100%

Login to Me Too

msplumuniq
Contributor
Contributor

I have a local bank and they allow nicknames on my online banking. I definitely would love nicknames on Paypal also. ALL 3 of my business accounts have the same numbers except for the last 4 digits. Yes, that could become confusing, LOL!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.