assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

Nick27
New Community Member

It's strange they still didn't add this feature...

It's much anticipated!

Login to Me Too

robhadfield
Contributor
Contributor

A vote from me too - If I have to get my wallet out to check which card ends in XXXX every time I make a transaction I may as well put the number in too! 🙂 

Login to Me Too

sunnygirl86
Contributor
Contributor

I abolutely feel the same way!

Login to Me Too

kfashley68
Contributor
Contributor

I see I'm not the only one that wondered if this could be done. Has anyone heard anything back from PayPal? PayPal - do you have admins that review these community help forums?

Login to Me Too

G00two40
New Community Member

This would be a really helpful capability.  I see no response from PP about this...

Login to Me Too

Ashley8053
New Community Member

I 100% echo what everyone has said about this. I have multiple Visa and Mastercards and it's no help to me whatsoever if I need to get my wallet out everytime I want to pay with Paypal to identify the correct card. Really wish PP would respond to this! 

Login to Me Too

gockilly
New Community Member

+1

This would be a very useful (and I assume easy to implement) feature. 

Login to Me Too

pengulu
Contributor
Contributor

Of course they don't!

@kfashley68 wrote:

I see I'm not the only one that wondered if this could be done. Has anyone heard anything back from PayPal? PayPal - do you have admins that review these community help forums?

Login to Me Too

pengulu
Contributor
Contributor

Being able to give nicknames to the cards/accounts is an absolute necessity, not window-dressing.

I am an International Legal Adviser, active in several jurisdictions.

At one point I had over a dozen cards registered in PayPal, from different countries, in different currencies.

It was all so confusing that I have let most of them expire and now there are only two of the dozen still working.

I simply stopped using PayPal, as it was simply impossible to know each time which card, in which country and on what currency the charge would be!

If PayPal does not heed this feedback about adding readily visible friendly names, I am sure I will not be the only one who will turn his back completely to it

Login to Me Too

roblmoore

As with all companys that have grown too big,THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT KEEPING THEIR CUSTOMERS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.