asking for verification code by number no longer in use

rachael221
New Community Member
My number on my account is no long accessible. i cant log on as it keeps asking me to verify with a call or text instead of email. please let me into my account and i can add a new number.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Callie

Hello @rachael221 - Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community! I am sorry to hear of the issues you're running into and understand the need to get your information updated. 

You can find the available ways to reach us by going to our Help Center. When you go to our Help Center and select the Contact Us option, let's try a different option. On that page, there will be a list of topics. If you click on the Password and Account Access, and select Login Problems, it will show you steps to reset your password. At the very bottom of the page, there should be an option to Message or Call Us. You don't need to be logged in to go through that process. From there, we can work with you more directly to help get back into your account and update your details. 

If that does not help, you can also reach support by going to Facebook or Twitter

Hope that helps! 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

TomislavEP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I have the same problems as the topic starter and I'm trying to reach Customer Support. I don't use social networks so I would like to send an email or message instead, but the system doesn't let me do this without logging in first. After entering the email address, I can only change my password, but I'm still repeatedly being asked to confirm my identity over the phone number I no longer have access to. Please guide me in the right direction here. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.