applying for merchant rates

live-codes
New Community Member

I applied for the merchant rates on 23rd jan 2011. It says i will have a response in 3 days, it has now been 8 days.

Can someone look into this for me as we are eager to have the new rates for the beginning of the month.

thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_lucy

Hey there live-codes,

Did you get this resolved?

If so let us know how you got on so anyone waiting on a response can read your advice.

If you haven’t yet got a response, do call customer service back about it.

Login to Me Too

KentecTraining
New Community Member

We have applied for merchant rates on several occasions and although we receive an email saying we will receive a reply within the next three days we have never had any correspondance regarding merchant rates. Five times we have applied and consistantly meet the required flow of payments.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi KentecTraining,

It may be that the merchant rate has already been applied to your account. The standard rate for a domestic payment is 3.4% + £0.20. If anything lower than that is being applied on your payments you have been approved. 

You will see the fee charged in your transaction details. 

I hope this helps.Please update us as it may help other members. 

Rachael.

Login to Me Too

socialfervor
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. We have been trying to apply for merchant rates for months but when we click in the Apply option it just take us to the summary page. We first go to this page:
http://www.paypal.com/businessexp/fees/paypal-fees and we are able to load this page without any problem. Then we click on “If you qualify for the merchant rate, apply now” at the bottom of the page, which is this link: https://www.paypal.com/il/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-app but this one doesn’t load, it just redirect us to the main Summary page.

I have seen more people experiencing this problems, is there any solution for this? I can imagine why PayPal is not in a hurry to fix it since they are scamming us between 0.5 and 1.5% fee every day it pass by.

I have contacted PayPal message center and the only thing I receive are standards emails on how to get to the Apply to Merchant rates link (that I already know) but nothing about my problem (the link doesn't work and just take us to the main page).

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.