account limit

amihill1983
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I didn't know til today there was a limit on my account to how much money I can receive. I logged into my account and noticed I got a notification saying I nearly reached 2,500 and I need to add an address which I did do then notification went away now I'm worried and it won't let me look at my account limit as it keeps going on the summary page. What does this mean? Has it been lifted so I can make unlimited payments. I never got an account limitation though just wanted to warn me before I got to the 2,500 mark. Has anybody else been through this? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@amihill1983 wrote:

Hi there, 

I didn't know til today there was a limit on my account to how much money I can receive. I logged into my account and noticed I got a notification saying I nearly reached 2,500 and I need to add an address which I did do then notification went away now I'm worried and it won't let me look at my account limit as it keeps going on the summary page. What does this mean? Has it been lifted so I can make unlimited payments. I never got an account limitation though just wanted to warn me before I got to the 2,500 mark. Has anybody else been through this? 

Hi @amihill1983,

It sounds like you've completed their Know Your Customer automated form. It would have asked you to confirm your details, inc. date of birth; full address and phone number.

If the form was submitted, the details would have been checked for automatic approval. PayPal use a combination of records to complete their identification checks.

If their automated check was successful, the limit would have been lifted. You can click here to visit the Know Your Customer form - if it confirms completion, then it means all requirements were fulfilled.

If you haven't completed the KYC form, it would be useful to do so with the provided link. As stated above, if their automated checks are satisfied, the limits will be lifted instantly. If the check was not sufficient, it will request one form of ID for proof of identity and one document for proof of address.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@amihill1983 wrote:

Hi there, 

Hi @amihill1983,

It sounds like you've completed their Know Your Customer automated form. It would have asked you to confirm your details, inc. date of birth; full address and phone number.

If the form was submitted, the details would have been checked for automatic approval. PayPal use a combination of records to complete their identification checks.

If their automated check was successful, the limit would have been lifted. You can click here to visit the Know Your Customer form - if it confirms completion, then it means all requirements were fulfilled.

If you haven't completed the KYC form, it would be useful to do so with the provided link. As stated above, if their automated checks are satisfied, the limits will be lifted instantly. If the check was not sufficient, it will request one form of ID for proof of identity and one document for proof of address.

Login to Me Too

amihill1983
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your help. Yes I completed it 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.