Your PayPal account information has been confirmed

Fiery65
Contributor
Contributor

Your Information has been verified

We were able to verify the information you provided, and your account setup is now complete.

Thanks for taking the time to verify your information and helping to keep your account secure.

I have been a member since 2003, and I have never received an email like this.

It has my name at the top of the email, unlike a lot of the spoof emails.

I was just curious as to how many others have received this sort of email?

Cheers

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PD333
New Community Member

Hi I got the same email 06/11/2019. I just spoke with someone at PayPal and they advised it was triggered by PayPal and is part of their compliance activities. They apologised for any concern and I was advised to just ignore the email. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MK_Inst
New Community Member

Yeah, I got the same message an hour ago. Thought it was fishy as I can't recall submitting any information for at least a few months, and the most recently I even used it for a payment was last week. Couldn't see anything fishy about the email itself though. Anyone know why we might've gotten that email if it was in fact legit? Has there been some internal service update or something, maybe?

Login to Me Too

uneekwahn
Contributor
Contributor

I too have just received this email.  

Some confirmation from PayPal that it was sent by them would be nice.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PD333
New Community Member

Hi I got the same email 06/11/2019. I just spoke with someone at PayPal and they advised it was triggered by PayPal and is part of their compliance activities. They apologised for any concern and I was advised to just ignore the email. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

jfk333
New Community Member

Hi All, Just recieved one of these Emails at 2.05am Today 24/09/2020 !!! After sitting on the Help line for over and hour I gave up.

Just going to follow the above advice and ignore it.

Login to Me Too

fessbee260
New Community Member

I got the same email.  With all due respect to PD333, I would like to see a message directly from Paypal explaining the email and why I got it, considering I haven't changed anything.  Also, it would be good if Paypal added an explanation to the email so that everyone can understand why they received it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.