You’ve added your phone number to your account

SCBrazil
New Community Member

Hi All,

I recently noticed the total balance of my PayPal account had been transferred to one of the two bank accounts I have registered on there. Right away I though this strange as not only did I NOT request this withdrawal, the bank account it was transferred to is not registered as my primary bank account, so much so that I never even use it as I can't remember the card's PIN number.

After accessing the email account linked to my PayPal, I found an email from '<removed>' (addressed to my full name) informing that I've added '<removed>' to my account (I didn't add any numbers and this isn't my number anyway).

A second email, received 12 minutes later, informed of the (unsolicited) transfer to my (unused) bank account.

Following PayPal's instructions on "removing this number from my profile if it wasn't me", I noticed that this new number listed in my account as my primary number is slightly different to the one listed in the email and had a country code for Indonesia - I'm in the UK!).

Since my balance was transferred to my own (albeit unused) bank account, I don't think I've been hacked but nevertheless, I'd like to know WHAT THE H*LL IS GOING ON?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.