You can no longer use PayPal

SamBillings
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I just logged into paypal and found that I have been banned... it says "We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services."

I am dumbfounded. I have not touched anything for months.. all my recurring payments have all been going through etc.. I don't understand what I've done wrong.

And now due to Covid19 I am unable to contact anybody for help... What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pmmarw
Contributor
Contributor

And that's why Paypal completely sucks!  You can't reach the department which locks your account and you aren't getting any details - they just copy paste the same information to you over and over.

I suspect (and eBay does the same thing) that they just remove users which they (for whatever reason) find not good enough for them and they just hide behind the Terms and Conditions and do not even tell you which condition has been breached.

I had exactly the same issue, even though I represent well established and fully legal medical clinic. Some "person" within that "back office department" regarded the acceptable use policy's point of "selling prescription drugs" as the service we offer - we never did and there is no way of telling them that this is NOT the case or to hear further explanation.

Obviously you can call them, e-mail them and ask for escalation. Maybe you'll have more luck than me. The worst thing here is the "SUDDEN STOP" - what kind of business can suddenly change it's payment processing system since all providers require some kind of verification/vetting and this takes days! That's the main issue I find with the Paypal's approach - just for goodness sake, if you don't want to offer me services, tell me IN ADVANCE and give chance to switch to a different one!

Paypal had such approach more than 10 years ago and nothing changed since. A complete lack of any understanding and dialogue.

P.S. I selected and "official complaint" to Paypal option and just received a standard copy/paste reply that my account is limitted, meaning you cannot even complain to them!!! Just AVOID Paypal at any cost, other services are much cheaper and offer better technical solutions - PLUS you can normally talk with them and resolve any issues!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.