Wrongly Received payment in my paypal account but unable to access to that account

Hafiz3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community Members, 
I have very serious issue that I am facing since last few days. I expect some of my senior may guide me about this. 

I had a PayPal account during last year when I was in Ireland Dublin. So obviously I registered it using the current particulars of Dublin e.g. Address & phone number etc. Now I have came back to my own country where paypal do not operate. 

Now 3 weeks before, One of my client wrongly sent my payment using that Paypal Account. Now When I try to open that paypal account, It asks me the security code which they send at my Ireland phone number Which too I don't have access. So I am stuck Now, Neither I am able to access my paypal account nor I am able to access that phone number. What should I do now? 

Even The client who wrongly sent this money via Paypal, Filed a claim of refund which too was decided in my favor. So that option too we have already applied. The situation is becoming very frustrating for me. Is there any senior member who can help me?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hafiz3 

If the sender opened a dispute for non receipt of item and you didn't send anything then surely they would have won that dispute.

OR was it sent using the friends/family option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hafiz3
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you so much for taking time to answer my query. 

Actually the client has already filed a claim and they did mentioned  "money was sent by unauthorized activity. " Finally Paypal decided the case in my favor and told my client that the activity was duly authorized.

Do you really think, now, they should file another claim for the same amount that they didn't receive the product?  

Thanks again for your time!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Hafiz3,

It sounds like the original payment was likely sent to you using the Friends and Family option, in which case, they would not be able to open a claim for Item Not Received. If you would like to refund the payment but cannot access the account, please contact customer service to authorize the refund. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then click Call us, then Call as a guest. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.