Wrong time zone in my profile. Cannot be changed?

azulmarino
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I live in Uruguay and the time zone in my profile settings is fixed to GMT-8 Pacific time, not the right time for my location. Clicking on the time zone box I am not given any option to correct this. Can someone fix this please?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

poikavoima
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I'm based in Finland, so the Time Zone is like 10 hours wrong here. It is unbelievable that PayPal does nothing on this kind of problems which have direct consequensies on business. For example if someone pays at the morning of the first day of the month, report shows the payment on previous month. I have to manually change the report to correct it for book-keeping. 

Login to Me Too

VilhoV
Contributor
Contributor
This error still exists, the time zone is fixed to GMT-8 Pacific time. Why this is not fixed it is reported here ‎Aug-21-2018 and still we can't set correct time zone. This is very annoying.
Login to Me Too

ecomnet
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is still present. There is only one value in the drop-down : (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time

Login to Me Too

VilhoV
Contributor
Contributor
Probably they want only US customers because they don't bother fix time zone issue, nor they ansver any communication by customer. Just automessage, nothing more. Customer service is practically non existing today.
Login to Me Too

ecomnet
Contributor
Contributor

I made a new post here, with all the other posts regarding this problem. I also sent an email, no response.

The problem still persists, i just checked.

Login to Me Too

Christy3647
New Community Member
I'm shocked this is such an issue, why can't they just fix it? I am in the US but mine isn't correct either, and it doesn't give me any options that are close to my time zone which makes it very difficult when I'm looking for a specific transaction. 😞
Login to Me Too

johnnyV44
Contributor
Contributor

This looks like a software bug whereas there is only one option in the drop down box for the time zone. It's amazing that this hasn't been acted upon considering how many users have reported it and over a very long period. My current time zone should be GMT but is GMT -8. As someone here stated, this can have serious consequences on accounting reports as well as other transaction related issues. So, PayPal please fix this A.S.A.P. Thank you

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Helsinki Finland.

I have reported this to Paypal customer service before, but alas they only reply with standard playbook replies.

Seems they don care about their customers.

Additionally I have requested them to change the language of emails to English. This is also not possible, as Paypal knows what is good for me. I live in Finland hence will receive all communication in Finnish, despite account settings set to English.

Luckily other payment platforms have better settings and customer service, so it is end of the line for paypal and me.

Hope someone will fix this broken system in the future

Login to Me Too

EngineerD
New Community Member

January 2021 and I can't enter my timezone either. GMT-8 on my profile, GMT+3 in reality.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.