Wrong number for bank account linking, new number crashes page

aramessor
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to link my bank account to my PayPal, but I'm having trouble. It's asking me to use my phone number to authenticate, but the phone number that it's showing me is not my preferred number, it's my old phone number that I can't access and can't remove from my PayPal account for whatever reason. If I try to enter my new phone number, I only get an error, and if I try again, the page crashes and tells me it couldn't confirm it was me. Is there anything else I can do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aramessor 

You're not editing the old number with the new number, are you? If you are, click "+" to add the new number instead, confirm the new number and then select it as your new number.

If that is not the case, try using a different device you own. You can also try clearing browser cache/cookies and restart device and try again.

Do you have a landline number? Try adding that, labeling it as "Home" and select it as your primary and disable the texting options before saving the number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

aramessor
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to add a new number, not edit the old one, because whenever I try to do anything with that one, paypal says that "We couldn't complete the action at this time." I only have the one phone number, and as far as I can tell, it's the wrong kind of number for the system? At least that's what it says when I try to enter it. I don't have a landline, and I've tried calling paypal, but now I've been on hold for half an hour.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.