Wrong country

Violeta_ro
Contributor
Contributor

Guys! I just do my PayPal account, but when i tried to link an bank account I receive the following message:

Link a bank account

The safety and security of your bank account information is protected by PayPal. You can only link a bank account in Hungarian Forints.

I am from Romania, not from Hungary. I didn't choose any country, seems that I was direct put as an Hungarian. Don't know why.

I tried to delete my account for do it again. But, because I already put my card in my account, first I tried to delete my card. Surprise:   I'm not allowed to delete it.

Please help! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Violeta_ro 

When you click to register an account it gives you a drop down box to select the country you are living in, if you selected the wrong country it will never work for you.

Try and remove the card and then close the account down so that you can open a Romanian one.

If you can't remove the card then you may need to contact customer services to sort it out for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Violeta_ro
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunate, because I was made the account via VPN - Budapest/Hungary, seems that it wasn't possible to choose the country.

I tried to delete the card and I don't have the option to delete it. Maybe because it was to soon?... (yesterday I was doing my account and maybe there is some verification or something..) I will try again today. 

Thanks for the answer.

Login to Me Too

Violeta_ro
Contributor
Contributor

I was removing my card. I will delete my account and start the process again, from my personal laptop 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.