Wrong account for payments

SandraCarney
New Community Member

Hello, thank you in advance to anyone who can resolve this.  I created an eBay account to sell some items.  To date I have sold almost 30 items.  I mistakenly used a PayPal email address that doesn't exist for purchasers to send their money to, although it's an email address that I do have.  So now, one by one, these payments are being returned to the purchasers because there is no PayPal account with my email address on.  Now, I do already have a PayPal account, but it's my business account and these sales were personal possessions I was keeping separate.  So, I need to know how to resolve this.  Perhaps the payments can be redirected to my existing PayPal account, or maybe I need to setup a new PayPal account using the address I mistakenly used and then the payments will flow into my bank?  I hope this makes sense for anyone reading!  I don't know if I'm supposed to input all my details into this message as I'm not sure how public or private it is!  Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SandraCarney 

If you own the email address then just 'add' it to your existing paypal account (you can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account and receive funds with any of them) and confirm it and the funds should then complete. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.