Wrong Designation: Business rather than Personal account

paula42
Contributor
Contributor

Help! When I opened my PayPal account years ago I had a Etsy shop. So I stupidly opened a PayPal Business account. No one at PayPal advised me otherwise. So now, years later, I am getting terse notices that I need to produce Business info like a TIN/EIN, tax info from a third-party, etc. Point is:  I should have joined as a Personal account. But I can't get any human at PayPal to hear my explanation. I only get a restating of the robot boilerplate jargon. Called Customer Service. Young woman didn't understand what I was talking about. My written response was same robot boilerplate. The underlying hint is that something will happen to my account if I don't produce these business documents. All I need is for PayPal to acknowledge that I should have a Personal account and tell me what I need to do to make it happen. But no human seems to be paying attention. Am I the only one who has ever one this? Any help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paula42

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paula42

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

paula42
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@paula42

Thanks for responding. I'll let you know if this works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.