New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I've been on the phone for over 30 minutes waiting to speak to someone. I can no longer access my account without a cell phone. I received an email notifying me of a new statement to my account, but I can't login to get it. I can't login to get support. I can't log in for anything. I'm in a remote area with intermittent cell service, so do not have a cell phone.
After 45 minutes there is no resolution, I'm just out of luck. Synchrony Bank who manages PayPal credit can't access my account, that has to be done through PayPal. So, this is one big circle jerk! The only thing the bank can do is send me a paper statement which will take 7-14 days.
This is the worst possible customer service.
Thats why there has been a message on paypal accounts for months advising a mobile phone is added and up to date, that is apart from the fact most folks keep contact information up to date on a legal financial account anyway.
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.