Won't receive SMS authentication

OsamaBCK
Contributor
Contributor

Im trying to login to my account (another account), I input the email and password, I proceed to 2FA and wait for the SMS confirmation code but I don't receive anything, I tried multiple times I lost access to my account and got asked to try again later, thought it might be some service problem so I waited and tried later and still nothing. Tried to reset the password, got the confirmation email, input my credit card number, made a new password, still same issue.
I created a new account (this one) and used the same phone number, and Im receiving the SMS fine, for some reason I can't get the 2FA code on the first account but I do on this one, literally using the same phone number (You can check everything you need in your DB).

International calls cost a lot here, please don't ask me to call, I tried to explain the problem as best as I can; I don't get the 2FA SMS, I created a new account with same number and it works, so something is wrong with my main account, maybe check things on your end, is the SMS sent successfully?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Gerardo786

i had the same problem, im from Chile, i just got a refund and then after try to login some hourse later (past tuesday)i didnt get the sms 2fa for login, i toguth it was my phone blocking the number of paypal and even call my service provider, i even restore all settings from the phone and nothing, i could get help without an account cause not be able to log in so i had to make a second account like this one, i hope it can be fixed soon and never gonna use 2fa again in my entire life, not in paypal an least

Login to Me Too

OsamaBCK
Contributor
Contributor

Its not the carrier service, it worked with another account so it should still work with the original one. I tried a new phone, but still the same issue, Im thinking to just abandon the original account and go on with this one. This specific issue happened to me before, but it worked after few days and I disabled 2FA, I enabled it again after a while and same issue happened, but this time no luck.

I hate how stupid this is, I do need some support with my account, Paypal is about money and online transactions, this should be important enough for them to have a dedicated support to ensure such issues are dealt with ASAP, yes they have a phone number you can call, but I come from a country (Algeria) where international calls are hella expensive, and I am not willing to go that route, when I can already use my email to renew the password, why there is no other option! what if someone is disabled and can't speak, what if someone is ill, why can't you just email them, like is hearing my voice really that important? can't I just provide all the details you need through mail!

And again, it happened before! I understand with the covid virus less people are working but Im sure replying to an email can be done from anywhere, this is so frustrating. You can't even have support in the forums, you'll have to wait for other people who might got the same issue and fixed it, how can this be a Professional business!

Login to Me Too

OsamaBCK
Contributor
Contributor

3 weeks later, still nothing. Can't link the same card to two accounts, can't remove the first account since I cant get the confirmation SMS, no support or anyone from Paypal bothered to check in, and here I am still stuck. This is really disappointing.

Someone help me get this bit, "an online service/platform" without an online support.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.