Won't accept my w2

Hbrown2001
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal keeps refusing my w2 as proof of social security number but the email says I can use it. I'm frustrated.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hbrown2001 

Rejecting meaning you can't upload it or you received a specific response that they don't want a W2? Is the image of the form legible/readable? 

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hbrown2001
Contributor
Contributor
The email says they can't read it but the photo of it looks fine to me.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Hbrown2001,

I'm sorry to hear that the document has been rejected. If the image is entirely legible and isn't cut off or modified in any way, please contact customer service to talk to a representative and ask them to take a look at it. There may be some misunderstanding that can be ironed out with a conversation.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.