Wish account hacked, PayPal is linked to it

idream2001
New Community Member
Can anyone help please? I got an email from wish saying another email address had requested to change my one to theirs on my wish account. I emailed them to say do not changed the address over and then went to log into wish to remove my automatic payment details that are linked to PayPal. Unfortunately I can’t now log into Wish and I am concerned that someone will order things that will be charged to my PayPal account! Is there anyway I can stop this from happening at all?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@idream2001 

Add and confirm a new primary PayPal email address (see link below) to your PayPal account and entirely remove the email address from your PayPal account that you entered/linked in the Wish account. And change your PayPal account password. Check your device for any viruses or malware. Then test if you can log in to PayPal or not with that removed email address to be on the safe side. And continue to monitor your PayPal account as well as your linked accounts for any suspicious charges.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-email-address-faq1797

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@idream2001 

Add and confirm a new primary PayPal email address (see link below) to your PayPal account and entirely remove the email address from your PayPal account that you entered/linked in the Wish account. And change your PayPal account password. Check your device for any viruses or malware. Then test if you can log in to PayPal or not with that removed email address to be on the safe side. And continue to monitor your PayPal account as well as your linked accounts for any suspicious charges.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-email-address-faq1797

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

shentall
Contributor
Contributor

Got the same message.  Plus, the hacker asked for a refund in wish money via the «online chatting» of my last order. Then ordered a pair of earphones with that refund.  So I panicked!

Sent multiple email to Wish detailing the fraud.  Wish «rebooted» my email and password.  I'm waiting on a resolution from WISH to refund my stolen money and fix the fact that my order was canceled (it had christmas presents...so i'm mad)

What I did to protect myself was:

Create a NEW principal email for PAYPAL

In my PAYPAL settings, opt that a # be sent to my iphone to confirm each time my PAYPAL is accessed

Assign a new email and password to WISH

Write to WISH explaining the situation until it's resolved.  At the time, each response from WISH took about 12-24 hours...so it seems to be fast.

Login to Me Too

Flapper
New Community Member

I Logged in to wish to see name changed and loads of wish credits etc but thankfully no orders or payments I went to PayPal and Removed the permission to make payments to Wish. Logged in and changed Wish passwords etc and selected delete account. 5mins later had another email And again logged in to similar name change etc even though selected delete account. Contacted Wish but not heard anything back and had nothing spent or emails since **bleep** the Wish account in future. Just make sure you've stopped any payments going out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.