Why was I redirected and forced to sign up for Xoom?

sohawt
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting redirected to XOOM. I have never heard of this site. And now I was forced into linking my Paypal with that website.

I immediately changed my password for Paypal but, why did this happen? I do not like to change my passwords, and now I have been forced too because, I was redirected BY PAYPAL without notice.

My account is a Personal account. Not business.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

vahidr66
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting this redirect too. I just wanna login to my PayPal, quit trying to make me use **** I didn't ask to use

Login to Me Too

Vithigar
New Community Member

Same here. Logging in to paypal redirects to the Xoom page where my options are to sign up or log in. If I manually navigate back to paypal at this point I'm logged in normally, so at this point it's just a very poor user experience.

Login to Me Too

sohawt
Contributor
Contributor

They really need to stop this. I get enough spam in my email, I don't need it from a service that I have been using since 2007.

Login to Me Too

Ricketts223
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here - hitting the back button on my browser takes me to the proper paypal page, but this does look like a bit underhanded to trick people into signing up for something they do not need or want.

Hopefully they are forced into adding a "Continue onto Paypal" button on the Xoom page - that would be the ethical thing to do

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.