Why the constant scrutiny??

snoopydance77
Contributor
Contributor

I rarely sell items on ebay, but lately I've sold 2 or 3 things. I received payment recently and for no reason that I can discern, my PayPal acct has been limited and is being investigated and I can't access my funds. There was nothing unusual or problematic about the transaction, so I'm not sure what to think. I appreciate the security protocols, but this is overkill. I feel like I'm being penalized for no reason and mostly I'm irritated because I can't access my funds. Any advice on how I might avoid this sort of crap in the future would be most appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

wcotton
Contributor
Contributor

Wow sorry to hear that well I am sure Ebay has contacted you about manage pay before 12/31 they will handle all payments. Hopefully that runs smoothly the other platforms I sell on where they handle all the payments Mercari and Poshmark the sells have run more smoothly so hopefully that works out for you. good luck....

Login to Me Too

snoopydance77
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response. Whatever that was, it got resolved quickly & I was able to access my funds. But I have switched to the other option on ebay, so none of my payments there will happen through PayPal in the future. Mercari is somewhat new to me, but I really like it and have opened an account. We will see how it goes. 🙂  

Login to Me Too

wcotton
Contributor
Contributor

Your are welcome and dont give up! I know it can be frustrating especially when you are just getting started. I am glad you are coming at the tail end of EBAY and PAYPAL's partnership and hopefully you wont have to deal with the scams that EBAY sellers have been going through for years. Next time you on EBAY go the community and type in PAYPAL and read what the sellers have to say about their experiences. Mercari and other sites once a buyer receives the item, lets Mercari know they liked the item, the sell is over. (Poshmark, Etsy, Facebook Marketplace, Offer up, all work the same way). PAYPAL is scam friendly. (emphasis added) You could have sold an item on EBAY, they file for a return, you accept, then you let EBAY know I did not get the item I sold back. They would lose the case on EBAY, then turn around and file the case with PAYPAL (which most sellers thought was the same company). You would lose the case with PAYPAL, and it appears they dont even check with EBAY.  And it could be two months after you made the sale. Then its the unauthorized payment scams, and buy a brand new PS5, then send you their broken one back.

Login to Me Too

snoopydance77
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I'd known all of this before selling some of my better things on ebay. I originally sold mostly on Amazon, which I no longer do because they got weird too. Finally removed everything from  ebay today & listed it on Mercari. I like their set up a lot. Seems really straight forward, no BS. I have nothing connected to PayPal now and hope to keep it that way. I do have a credit line with them, but I've not used it & don't plan to. Anyway. We live & learn, don't we. 😉 Best to you & thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.