Why is the customer service so useless

ChrisAigner
Contributor
Contributor

I was on hold for an hour before being transfered to someone with whom I talked for 10 minutes before being transferred to ANOTHER person and am currently having to wait over an hour to fix an account verification issue. You'd think that a company that's worth over $50B would be able to invest in some decent customer service. I've never had to wait this long for ANY type customer service, even for companies bigger than paypal. This is so incredibly annoying and frusterating I'm considering just stopping my use of Paypal. All I'm trying to do is confirm that I own a **bleep**ing account and I have to be transferred to another person and wait on hold again? What point is there in hiring someone who just transfers me to someone else? Don't hire people who don't know what they're doing. I do not have a phone number on the account I'm trying to confirm nor do I have a SSN, but I do have my card and email on hand and apparently that's still not enough. This is seriously the worst customer service I've EVER had the displeasure of experiencing and I can't **bleep**ing wait to never use this terrible wallet service again. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisAigner

Card and email probably will not be enough. Paypal have to abide by this.....

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/paypal%E2%80%99s-customer-identification-program-(cip)-a...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrisAigner
Contributor
Contributor

There's no **bleep**ing reason it should have locked me out. I've been using this account for over a year and it randomly locked me out after I added my debit card. This site is retarded. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

PAYPAL may not be for you,chooose a different payment processor.

there are alternatives out there

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.