Why do I have to log in twice every time?

Rikl123
Contributor
Contributor

For a while now I have had to go through the log-in process twice every time I try to access Paypal .   I log in, get the one-time security code sent to my phone, enter that, and then it goes straight back to the initial log-in page.  I go through the process again, getting a second security code, and invariably it works on the second try.   This is getting very painful - how can I resolve this? 

The issue occurs regardless of which device I try to log in from.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jsciabica
New Community Member

I was having the same problem.  I disabled 2 step verification which PayPal calls "Security Key" and then set it up again.  I just tried it today and it seems to have fixed the problem...

Login to Me Too

Rikl123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  i''ve done that and so far so good ...  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

sictek
Contributor
Contributor
Disabling 2 step verification is not a good idea. Paypal has access to your financial information and without 2 step, you're putting yourself at risk. This is especially true if you use the same email/password combination elsewhere. I'm experiencing the same issue where Paypal is not recognizing the device I'm using regardless of having checked the 'Trust this device' box, but using 2 step isn't so much of an inconvenience that I'd be willing to put my money at risk.
Login to Me Too

atleast2
Contributor
Contributor

Reading comprehension, Hoss. "I disabled 2 step verification which PayPal calls "Security Key" and then set it up again."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.