Why are paypal such **bleep**!?

oxbloodclothing
Contributor
Contributor

i seem to find it impossible to get a **bleep** email for paypal. They lock me out of my account and then say i need to log in to email them!! am i the only one who thinks this is stupid? They also seem to lock me out every time im in another country and then say i need my telephone number to log in (which obviously has changed as ive changed country). Why the **bleep** is my email and password not good enough for them i dont know.

Right, now the question how can i change it from requiring a phone number if i change location? i can do google authenticate or email authenticate.

What is paypals customer service email?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

NikiGospodinov
New Community Member

As of right now I think the only thing you can do is one, relax with your use of words. I understand this is not fun for you but remember that people still have to read it. Two, have you tried to call them and tell them that you move countries a lot?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oxbloodclothing

Paypal is country specific so if you are travelling and suddenly start using it in another country then paypals automatic security kicks in to verify its really you and not a scammer thats hijacked it and using it in another country.

So the 'only' way they can verify its you is by sending a text to your linked and confirmed phone that is on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.