Which account to use asa freelancer

Claudia70
New Community Member

Hi there, please could someone advice me what account should I have a business or personal for working as a freelancer online as I do not have a company. Would be doing remote work online. Would appreciate any advice.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claudia70 

I believe either account works but if choosing a business account, make sure you indicate as the "business type" setting that you are 'Individual' in the business information section of the account settings (gear icon). And then you can use your real name as business name and as account holder name or choose a screen name of some kind as a business name if you want to do work under an artist name, for example, and use your real name as account holder name.

You can also look at the PayPal Portugal homepage and see what the personal and business accounts offer:

https://www.paypal.com/pt/webapps/mpp/home

There are selling settings that the business account has that the personal account does not, like blocking certain types of payments, for example. You can  block eCheck payments and foreign currency payments or unverified accounts. There's also security filters for payments to reduce or avoid fraud.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.