When and how many Proofs of Address does PayPal usually ask for?

LenaB2187
Contributor
Contributor

Set up my account today (which was a debacle unto itself) and I only have access to one of the kinds of Proofs of Address listed on the help article, that being Bank Statements (I think). I haven't been asked for any Proof of Address or Identity, when does PayPal usually ask for those, and how many Proofs of Address do they ask for? I only have access to one, so if they ask for multiple I'm **bleep**. I'm kinda sick of feeling like I've already done something wrong before I've even started, first I had to create the account under a name I don't identify with anymore, and now I'm worried I'm gonna be **bleep** out of using my account because I literally cannot provide all the documentation they ask for.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LenaB2187 

Open the account under the name you're currently using. When you change your name legally, building your documentation as you go along in life, such as bank statement, photo ID, etc just close the old account and open a new one.

Here's the documents they would ask for:

Why do I need to confirm my identity? (CIP)

"PayPal may require all or a combination of the following documents (must be your most recent statement)".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LenaB2187
Contributor
Contributor

All of this information I already have, I'm going to open a new account with my name when I get it legally changed, and I've read that help article half a dozen times. If the article had answered my question, I wouldn't have asked it. "all or a combination of" is the most vague it could possibly get, what are the odds that someone is going to have every single one of those documents to hand? Not everyone has a vehicle, not everyone has a pension plan (probably, I dunno) so asking for every single one of them is likely going to pose a problem for many. I'm asking for people's personal experience here, when did they ask, after how long after opening the account, and which ones did they ask for. I only have one of those several, what happens if they ask for ones I simply do not have access to??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.