What's the status with the privacy of phone numbers, email addresses & postal addresses at Paypal?

itolduandso
Contributor
Contributor

Can Paypal staff please confirm that this is still the case with Paypal accounts - with regards to visibility of my phone number and email...

1. I am seller and get paid in my Paypal account:  My phone number in Paypal is NOT provided to buyers?  YES?

2.  I receive payment through Paypal.ME.  My phone number is NOT provided  to person who sent me the money?  YES?

3. I purchased something and I do the payment with Paypal:  My number in Paypal is NOT visible to merchants.  YES?

4. I do payment directly to somebody's Paypal.ME link.  My phone number is NOT provided to them. YES?

5. If the answer to any of these questions is other than "YES", is there difference between the "Primary" number and the additional numbers registered on the account.

Similar questions as above but for email...

I have 3 emails registered on my Paypal account.  Primary email, and 2 secondary emails.

6. I am seller and get paid in my Paypal account:  Will any of my Paypal registered emails be visible to the buyer?  YES?

7.  I receive payment through Paypal.ME.  Will any of these emails be visible to person who sent the payment?  YES?

8. I purchased something and I do the payment with Paypal:  Will any of my Paypal regisstered emails be visible to the merchant? YES?

9. I do payment directly to somebody's Paypal.ME link. Will my email be visible to person who I sent the payment to? YES?

I assume at least some of these answers will be "NO" and my email will be visible to buyer or seller.  In that case, I want to know WHICH of the emails will be provided to them.  The primary email I have on the Paypal account, or the secondary email that was used to process the payment?

10. Last question is related to the billing address.  I understand my BILLING address *is* always provided to the merchant.  YES?  Or is the billing address only provided to the bank / credit card company and the only address that the merchant will see is the SHIPPING address?   SO ...  If I choose to not to provide shipping address to the vendor, will the vendor be able to see any of my addresses - shipping or billing ?   If I am buying software license online, I don't want to provide by shipping or billing address to some company out there who knows how they manage their customer data.. So that's the reason I am asking.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itolduandso 

If you want Paypal staff to answer those questions then you would need to contact customer services.

This is a community user to user advice forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.