Weird requirement of complaince verification

Su4655
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal asked me for a Bank account number and another so called "Proof of Identity" for compliance verification. OK so far. But it looks that for Proof of Identity they want Insurance papers (like Auto, Home, Life), instead of Driver's License and other such real documents with Proof of Identity. This makes no sense as these are not proof of identity and I'm wondering why they need those documents (marketing?)

I wouldn't like to give out such exact documents they need, which seems to be a very narrow range of documents and frankly, bothers my sense of Privacy.

Emailing them with offer of alternate documents has fetched no results, only in cut-and-paste replies of the documents that are needed. I even asked them to shut down my account if they can't accept my offer of Drivers License, no reply except repetition of the same stuff they wrote before.

I got two questions: (a) Is there any way to email a supervisor/real person in the Compliance Verification Department?

(b) If I don't submit those documents, what happens?

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.