Warning on account

Deoldguy
Contributor
Contributor
Bought something on line got email saying the my account might have been compromised and showed what kind of System (iOS).Time of day, except it was a pacific time not my time zone. It showed the state of Michigan not my state. Pay pal wanted me to change password. Yet I did buy some at that time but eastern time & state. I assume that was my purchase. Anyone had that problem?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Deoldguy

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

I apologize for the confusion. If you logged in with your phone and the charge was yours, you don't need to worry. Cell phone carriers can occasionally show that your phone is pinging from a tower completely different from where you're actually located. This can cause our Security System to worry that someone else is logging into the account. To be on the safe side, I recommend changing your password and security questions on a routine basis. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.