Wallet problem

Uedcbiyebcyiedb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I am changing my address but get told to update my cards in wallet. I have no paypal cards but I keep getting told to do this and can't move forward to next screen. Any advice appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Uedcbiyebcyiedb,

Thank you for your reply. The instruction to update your cards is not referring to any PayPal cards. It is referring to the address that is associated with the third-party card  or cards in your Wallet. If they are registered with the old address, they need to be edited to reflect the new address before the old address can be removed from the addresses in your profile.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Uedcbiyebcyiedb,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When you change the primary address on your account we will ask you to change the address you have registered for any cards attached to your account also. This is so when you attempt to send a payment, you bank details will match your PayPal information. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Uedcbiyebcyiedb
Contributor
Contributor

ThanK you Rachael,  i understand this, but I don't have any paypal cards, and the  card I always pay with is not changing. I want to remove my old address so that nothing gets delivered there as I have had a problem in the past when I moved and some items went to the earlier address even though I had updated the address on paypal, and I was told I  need to ALSO remove my old address, which is what I am trying to do this time  but am just going round in circles and am unable to remove the old address without going through wallet.

Further advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Uedcbiyebcyiedb,

Thank you for your reply. The instruction to update your cards is not referring to any PayPal cards. It is referring to the address that is associated with the third-party card  or cards in your Wallet. If they are registered with the old address, they need to be edited to reflect the new address before the old address can be removed from the addresses in your profile.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.