Verify your identity

Vital21
Contributor
Contributor

After I request PayPal Master Card, I got verify identity message on my email. When I was trying to verify my paypal account, it asked me for "Provide proof of your SSN" But I don't want to give my full SSN number b/c I don't know who will see this number and what they gonna do with it. Can I send them my  SSN number, but I'll close/hide last 4 numbers on it? or I have to send full SSN number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Vital21,

I understand your caution. If the SSN has been requested, the full SSN would be required. Obscuring any portion of the number would not allow resolution of the requirement.

However, I would only provide the information is it is requested within your PayPal account. If you received an email that asks you to provide information, do not follow any links or reply with the information via email. Instead, open a fresh browser and visit www.paypal.com and log in to your account that way. If there's a requirement, you'll be prompted to resolve it in the Resolution Center. If you are not, please view the email with suspicion.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Vital21,

I understand your caution. If the SSN has been requested, the full SSN would be required. Obscuring any portion of the number would not allow resolution of the requirement.

However, I would only provide the information is it is requested within your PayPal account. If you received an email that asks you to provide information, do not follow any links or reply with the information via email. Instead, open a fresh browser and visit www.paypal.com and log in to your account that way. If there's a requirement, you'll be prompted to resolve it in the Resolution Center. If you are not, please view the email with suspicion.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bigbucks111
Contributor
Contributor
Hello my name is Miguel Miranda and I tried verifying my social and still nothing I need to send money to pay my bills
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.